Knowledge is power!
Grocery Food Store Tours will teach you how to:
- Stock a healthy and recipe friendly pantry to make meals in minutes (list provided)
- What to look for when selecting delicious, seasonal produce
- Learn how to store and maintain your produce
- Where to put your dollars when buying organic foods
- Read labels and how to avoid unhealthy ingredients like sugar, sodium, preservatives, artificial colorings and flavoring, and hormones so you can make the healthiest food choices possible
- Understanding the different labels and certifications (i.e. Irradiated, Biodynamic, Natural, Conventional, USA Certified Organic vs. Organic, Humanely Raised, Grass-Fed, Cage-Free vs. Free-Range, etc…)
- Short-cuts/ideas to putting healthy meals together in minutes
- Condiments and spices that make the meal!
- Many Genetically modified foods (GMO”S) are not labeled—find out how to avoid them
Tours are offered at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Kings, Stop-n-Shop and are an hour long
Individual store tours are $99 or can be added on to any class for $89.
Semi-private tours are also available for two ppl at $45 and four or more at $25 pp.